Hypnosis is often vastly misunderstood. It is only in recent decades that hypnosis has been used as an ‘entertainment’ in the form of ‘stage hypnosis’. Unfortunately the media hype associated with this form of entertainment has lead to the majority of people having totally the wrong idea about this powerful and totally natural phenomenon and how it can be used to better our lives.
Hypnosis has commonly been used to improve focus, learning, mental health, physical performance and well-being in every culture for many thousands of years.
We have all had the experience of being transfixed by a gripping movie, when the world around us seems to disappear and we don’t notice when something external to our focus happens? Or when we become totally absorbed in a really good book and time just disappears? Perhaps you drive the same route to work each day but as you try to remember the journey …you just can’t? These are all examples of our own naturally occurring states of Trance in which our powerful non-conscious mind takes over. Hypnosis allows us to freely access and deepen this state in order to make powerful, effective changes in our lives.
Hypnotic Coaching simply refers to using hypnosis to generate new more empowering unconscious responses in those who are fully psychologically healthy.
Hypnotherapy simply means “Therapy done whilst in hypnosis”. During hypnotherapy this natural state is accessed and deepened in order to re-program the non-conscious mind and resolve specific psychological ills such as phobias, depressions, anxieties etc.
Until the invention and first use of chemical anaesthetics during the nineteenth century, hypnosis was widely used for pain control. During the nineteenth century also, British surgeon James Esdale performed over 300 operations – including serious amputations – whilst working in a hospital in Calcutta using nothing but hypnosis as anaesthesia. Hypnosis is now making a comeback in many hospitals worldwide, and many dentists use hypnosis for its aesthetic quality, to reduce swelling, control bleeding and speed recovery time. Much scientific research is currently being done to support the effectiveness of medical hypnosis.
uge amounts of research prove the effectiveness of hypnosis as one of the most powerful tools of positive change & self development available today.
- The Wall Street Journal reports, "Numerous scientific studies have emerged in recent years showing that the hypnotized mind can exert a real and powerful effect on the body."
- CBS News says, "Hypnosis is very effective."
- In a 9-week study of two weight management groups (one using hypnosis and one not using hypnosis), the hypnosis group continued to get results in the two-year follow-up, while the non-hypnosis group showed no further results (Journal of Clinical Psychology, 1985).
- In a study of 60 women separated into hypnosis versus non-hypnosis groups, the groups using hypnosis lost an average of 17 pounds, while the non-hypnosis group lost an average of only .5 pounds (Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 1986).
- In a meta-analysis, comparing the results of adding hypnosis to weight loss treatment across multiple studies showed that adding hypnosis increased weight loss by an average of 97% during treatment, and even more importantly increased the effectiveness POST TREATMENT by over 146%. This shows that hypnosis works even better over time (Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 1996).
- Newsweek Magazine writes, "The easiest way to break bad habits is through hypnosis."
- The bottom line here is that when hypnosis sessions are added to various weight loss programs, the results are always better — more than 146% better over the long term!
Weight management is just one small area in which hypnosis has proven scientific research and exceptional result
We have found that people in Christchurch looking for Hypnosis will also search Google for Christchurch NLP, nlp hypnosis, nlp courses, nlp therapy, nlp coaching, nlp course, hypnosis induction, hypnotherapy nlp, hypnosis, quit smoking, hypnotherapy, hypnotist, hypnotherapist, hypnosis smoking, hypnosis weight loss, stop smoking, hypnotherapy, hypnosis sleep, hypnosis stop smoking, hypnotherapists, hypnosis for weight loss, lose weight hypnosis, smoking hypnotherapy, hypnotherapy weight loss, hypnosis work, confidence hypnosis, hypnotherapy hypnosis, anxiety hypnosis, nlp practitioner, hypnosis therapy, hynotherapy, hypnosis help, hypnosis for smoking, hypnotherapy for weight loss, weight loss self hypnosis, NLP Christchurch and more. We hope this information was relevant to you and easy to find.
For more information on how to take your life, career, relationships and personal efficacy to the next level, contact Alan Fayter on 03 942 2103 or email